Saturday, August 17, 2013

California Dreamin'

We had a much needed vacation to California  in July.  It was truly a relaxing time and we thank Grandpa Riley and Becky for their great hospitality. 
I love Sonoma, so we dragged the kids there....against their will.  There were some good things there, though........
 
some history,
 
some wildlife,

 
some frozen yogurt,

 
some beautiful vineyards.


 
As we always do, a trip rafting down the American River was part of the trip. 

 
Sam loved this......

 
Elyse initially wanted to just eat snacks,

 
 but she eventually got into the rafting fun.
 
 
Ben was brave in the water.....

 
I am so glad my children have the opportunity to eat tomatoes right off the vine....Grandpa Riley has an amazing garden and we always time our trips for when the tomatoes will be ripe!


 
Sam enjoyed the ribs.

 
Nick and Julie came down for a couple nights.  It was good to see them and let the kids play. 

 
This is better than any store bought slip-and-slide!





 



 
Catching air........it is really amazing that no one got hurt! :)



 
Keyan is convincing the boys that "Biscuit" is the best truck in the world.

 
The only way he knew I would be convinced of that was if I was driving....o.k., it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I guess the brakes do work......

 
This picture sums up the best part of California!



No comments: