Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Black Forest Parade

It was a bittersweet ride for my dad this year in the Black Forest Parade.  In past years, he's been driving his red '57 Chevy.  He had this other Chevy sitting in the garage, not restored, and finally sold it to a friend from church who restored it.  Knowing that dad's Chevy burned up in the fire, he asked if he would like to ride along with him in the parade this year.  My dad's a good sport.....but I'm sure it was yet another reminder of what has been lost. 
 


 
Mara and Asuka participated in the parade also...

 
there's Asuka on the marching baritone,

 
and Mara on the flute.

 
I asked Asuka if she had the song memorized before the parade and she said "almost."  I asked her again after the parade and having to play it about 20 times if she had it memorized now...her answer was a definite "yes."   :-)

No comments: