We are so excited to have Asuka ( pronounced Askuh) from Tokyo, Japan here with us for the school year. I am amazed at her desire to come to another country and go to school where everything will be taught in a different language! That would be so challenging. I have already noticed that her English is better than her first day....or maybe we are just learning how to communicate simply. A funny thing....I have always been able to make rice just fine. Ever since she got here, the rice does not turn out....it is still hard. I am going to blame it on the fact that I'm using a new rice cooker that I haven't figured out the right proportions on yet, and a new pot on the stove that isn't quite the same as my old one! It's nice to have new kitchen equipment....but I have to learn all over again, which is frustrating. Oh, well......I'm sure we'll have it figured out and be able to make the best rice ever by the end of this year. I'll just let Asuka cook it!
No comments:
Post a Comment