Wednesday, November 10, 2010
In the Paper!
One of the nice things about living in a small town is that everything is put in the paper, including me! I finally got my name in the paper as a "soloist" for the Okaloosa Chamber Singers' concerts in December. I think the choir director was nervous about having me sing since she's not really sure that I can. I mean, when you're in a choir, you're supposed to blend, not stand out, right? So, she never hears me because I love to blend with those around me! I get to sing a duet with another lady who is very good (she's actually Mara's violin teacher!). We practiced last night, and the director was just very surprised, happy at how well it sounded. I guess my voice has matured since I began singing with her 4 years ago, mainly from the fact that I'm just singing again! Daily workouts do wonders for the voice. Anyhow, I'm happy to be singing again...and hopefully again....and again...and again......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment