Saturday, October 31, 2009

More Halloween fun!

Sam had his Kindergarten Halloween parade on Friday.......but wait, wasn't he a hot dog the other day? Yes, and everyone told him how cute he was and I think he got embarassed, therefore he didn't want to be a hot dog anymore. So 20 minutes before his bus came, he decided to wear his chef outfit he made in preschool. Great.........easy and he was happy!

And wasn't Elyse a witch? Yes..............but today she wanted to be a cat. Who knows what these guys will decide to be on Halloween!


Here is Sam with his big eyed pumpkin. The reason the eyes are so large is because there was a rotten spot that kept spreading. So, we had to perform surgery on the pumpkin and cut out the rotten spot, and the big eye was born! Sam was proud of his pumpkin. We had carved Elyse's pumpkin on Tuesday, and by yesterday it had black and white fuzzy mold growing all over it. I guess the only way to have a nice jack-o-lantern in the South is to carve it on Halloween Day.

Here is our Halloween house. Each year I add more things..........this year I added all the noisy sensor things, like rattlin' bones and laughing witches. Next year I need a strobe light and a fog machine.........then we'll be set!

This is our Halloween dinner. This year I made some ears out of dough that really turned out gross - just the effect wanted! I've realized, though, that in all of the excitement of Halloween, not much gets eaten. I've toned down the meal the last few years since it's not really worth the effort to slave all day on gruesome edibles, and then to have no one eat them. So we just do simple gross. A fun time of year.........now to put all the decorations away, put out the few Thanksgiving decorations I have for a couple of weeks, and then on to Christmas. I think it is going to be chaotic at my house for the next couple of months!

1 comment:

Andy, Lori and the Gang said...

I gave up doing Halloween dinner on Halloween just for that reason--no one eats. They'd rather eat candy! So we just do it whenever we get to it. And this year that is tomorrow.. how sad is that. The only day I could find in a two week period when we were all home. Oh, no! I just remember Trent won't be here because he has a football game. Well, maybe next week?