Thursday, October 29, 2009

See Ben run! See Sam run!

Today was the FunRun at the boy's elementary school. It's a fundraiser for the school, but it's really a high energy event. There is an actual FunRun team that travels all around running these events, and they are really good.....they spend almost 2 weeks at the school talking about positive character traits. I guess that's worthy of our support. As always, we chip in most of the money because I just don't like asking others. I guess I shouldn't let my fears hold my kids back, but they're not really motivated enough to go do it on their own, so.............

Here are the runners. Ben ran 36 laps and I think Sam ran 32. They may be small laps, but these guys were running for at least 45 minutes. I'd say that's a good workout for them!


Ben was, of course, sweating by the end of the first lap.........he is the sweatiest kid I know!




I love this look of determination on Sam's face. As I look at it, I wonder what that determination will enable him to do in the future.........


And how did Elyse spend her time during the FunRun? Talking on the phone, like always (granted it is just a toy from a kid's meal - but don't you know, any object can become a phone if you really want it to)!

Way to go Riley's!

1 comment:

Dan and Katie said...

I wonder who Elyse was talking to?