We have finally done it, said goodbye to the pacifiers once and for all. I was going for the gradual approach, but it didn't really take too long. I made Elyse keep her pacifier in her bed for a couple of days, and then a couple of days she went to sleep without it, and then I told her the pacifier fairy was going to take her pacifiers and give them to a new little baby that needed them, and then we would go get a special friend for her at Build-A-Bear. She really seemed to understand that she was big and didn't need them anymore. And she loves her little bear. Last night she asked me where her pacifiers were and I told her they were gone and she had a sad time going to bed. I think she was mourning their loss. But she will be fine..........she woke up this morning cheerful and carrying her bear, so I think maybe she's accepted the fact that she's growing up! I don't know if her mom has, though!
Anyhow, good job Elyse!
1 comment:
Good job Elyse! And great job Mom!
Post a Comment