I guess the Riley family is going green because we have purchased our first item of clothing made from recyclable materials!
My older sister Cari has been staying with us the last 2 months. Since she is leaving this week, I figured we'd better go to the beach! Isn't that sad? We live so close to it, yet very rarely do we go play there. Today was just a beautiful day.........not too hot.........the water was still pretty warm............there was a great little sandbar that created a pool just the right size for Elyse.........and I asked myself, why don't we come here every day? I know that we won't live here forever, so maybe it would be worth it to buy a little beach house and live the beach life for a couple of years...........
It has been good to have Cari here, and it has been good for my mom and dad to have some time alone (I hope!). Cari really has just taken over the care of Elyse. Elyse will be lost when she leaves. But I have also missed a lot of the cute things that Elyse has been doing, so I will be happy to have that time with her again. And now maybe I can get serious about getting rid of her pacifier and getting her out of diapers! I'm not in too much of a rush since I still consider her my "baby" and she probably always will be. But I'm glad that my mom got her baby (me) out of diapers - it would have been very embarassing otherwise!
1 comment:
Looks fun! We need to get together sometime! There's talk of us and some other families (including Sheffields) heading down that way for a few days after Christmas. Will you be around?
Post a Comment