Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What I miss most


This is what I miss most from the fire....my piano, my guitar, all my rhythm instruments, all the music that was in those cabinents, all of Mara's little violins.  Sure we can get a new piano and we can replace all the music....we just can't replace all the memories that were attached to these things...playing this piano when I was young....sitting at this piano and singing my heart out...having my testimony strengthened while I played music...sitting at the piano with Keyan when we were dating....sitting at the piano and singing to little babies....being able to find the perfect song for the mood I was in...using the instruments at work and with my kids....watching Mara play each violin as she got a little bigger and a little better....listening to Mara at the piano teaching herself to play...listening to Ben create medleys of songs he was learning in his lessons that had flawless transitions from one to the other....playing the piano while recording Mara sing or play her flute...the hundreds of choral songs I spent hours listening to trying to find just the right one for a ward choir to sing....the music from my high school senior vocal recital....the music I learned in college while taking voice and piano lessons...inviting other musicians into my home as I accompanied them...watching Elyse play with the little violins wondering if she was going to play one of them someday....fighting with Sam over practicing....the list just goes on and on.....

Oh well, new memories in the making.....

No comments: