Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trick or Trunk

Today the Halloween festivities have officially begun!
This morning Elyse had a playgroup Halloween party, and she was the princess "Dorothy" from Kansas.  The pictures I took of her all have a little "aura" around her because it has been so incredibaly humid here, that the camera lens had condensation on it and I didn't notice it until we were all done with pictures.  Oh well, it makes her look more angelic.
And in keeping with tradition, the costumes must change with every event....so at the Trick or Trunk, Elyse was Tinkerbell.

Ben was so excited to get a Harry Potter costume.  We even had to get black spray for his hair.  He really looked good, until he started sweating and the black spray started to drip down his face!

I vowed I wasn't going to make any costumes this year, but Mara told me she had to be Princess Tiahna from the Princess and the Frog because she was running the "kissing booth" for the carnival.  No premade costumes in her size....so I hit the sewing machine again.  Next year I will not make any costumes! 

Mara and Maryn
 Sam made a good looking pirate....he kind of has the rough personality to go with the costume! 

 Can't you just hear him saying "Aaaargh!"  He lost another front tooth the day before, so his missing front teeth made the costume all the more realistic!
 Doesn't he look good?
And what did mom go as this year?  No pictures to show...but since I am in the midst of getting ready for the "Madame Butterfly" performance this Saturday, I decided to be a Japanese lady.  I borrowed Ben's Japanese robe, put my hair up with chopsticks and called it good! 



4 comments:

Clarissa Grover said...

I "intended" to make costumes this year, but then we went to a store to get ideas for the kids, and we ended up buying Harley and Daisy a premade costume. I am SO glad, because I was laid out for 2 weeks with a flu/cold bug and barely finished Holden's dinosaur costume in time for Trunk or Treat. And it's a good thing Duncan has a plethora of old costumes to choose from (as much as a 9 month old can choose). At any rate, for the amount of time and money spent on making Holden's costume, I think this was the last year for homemade costumes. Especially since I can't sit in your back bedroom wondering how on earth to use a sewing machine or read a patten, for that matter. =)

Donnie and VaNeal said...

Loved all your costumes. Wish you were close enough to come trick or treating at my house - so far no one has come!!!

Donnie and VaNeal said...

Loved all your costumes. Wish you were close enough to come trick or treating at my house. So far we have had no trick or treaters!!!

Donnie and VaNeal said...

Sorry, I guess the first one posted!!