Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall in Florida

We can tell that it's Fall when I have to start bundling Elyse up when we go on our morning jog!  I look at the temperature in the car and it says 65 degrees....and I think it's cold.  I remember when I was in Colorado that as soon as the thermometer broke 60 degrees, I was wearing shorts!  My blood has definitely thinned down here in the south all these years.

We have planted a garden with "cool" weather plants for Florida:  broccoli, cauliflower, beans, peas, corn, lettuce, tomatoes....I'm excited to see what will really grow. 
 I'm not sure that these pumpkins will be ready in time for Halloween....maybe not even Thanksgiving.  We may start a new tradition of decorating with pumpkins at Christmas!
 Fall means busy afternoons and nights outside playing because the weather is so nice.  Sam must be playing the hardest of all because he is the one that always seems to fall asleep at night before we start reading scriptures.

No comments: