Lately, I have been reading multitudes of books on nutrition and the best foods to eat and what to let your kids eat/not eat. I have learned a lot, but can I just say that this knowledge has really taken the fun out of eating? No longer can I eat my handful of m&m's without thinking, "what could I be eating that's better?" No longer can I even take my kids to McDonald's (not that we're really missing much there), or other fast food restaraunts without me thinking that I am promoting a future of poor health and of being overweight.
No longer can I go out to eat dinner at a restaraunt without eliminating what I really want to eat because it's not "healthy." No longer can I look at my plate full of pasta without thinking that it is equivalent to about 10 serving sizes!
No longer can I go to Sonic and get a Reese's Peanut Butter Blast without thinking there's enough sugar in there for one week's allowance!
The joy in eating has gone.................no wonder my kids sputter everytime I open my mouth about what they're eating! In this case, I'm not sure that knowledge is power....knowledge has turned out to be a burden!
The joy in eating has gone.................no wonder my kids sputter everytime I open my mouth about what they're eating! In this case, I'm not sure that knowledge is power....knowledge has turned out to be a burden!
Thank goodness for Subway. We would be very sad without it!



1 comment:
A friend of mine from St.Louis (well, she's in MD right now) has a blog you may like. It's called section89.blogspot.com. Check it out. She's a flexitarian (willing to do meat very sparingly) and has loads of info and recipes.
Post a Comment