Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Addition to Ben's mouth

Ben got his expander glued into his mouth today.  It was a pretty easy process....Ben handled it well, although there is the possibility the cement didn't set right because he squirmed a little bit at the end.  If so, he'll be back to do it again!  In Ben's words "I have a feeling life is not going to be easy with this expander."  I'm sure it is strange to eat with it in...but he'll get the hang of it.  If nothing else, it will help him form some good eating habits, like eating slow and eating healthy foods (all the no-no's of having braces apply to him too)!  As we were going around the table saying things we liked about our day, Ben said "I like that I have parents that will pay for me to have this expander in my mouth."  I thought that was very insightful on Ben's part (although Keyan said he's been telling Ben over and over that the expander costs A LOT of money - maybe Ben was just responding to that.  Either way, he showed some gratitude - a great trait!).

No comments: