Monday, December 21, 2009

Ben's birthday

Happy 8th birthday to Ben! Here is his shuttle cake. I thought it turned out pretty well. It was the first time I've tried the fondant icing and it worked, I just think I had it on a little too thick and that maybe it dried out a bit too much. Oh well - it didn't really get eaten, it just sort of "peeled" off the cake and everyone ate what was underneath.


I think this is the best view of all, the engines burning, ready for take-off!



We splurged and had Ben's party at a gymnastics place. It was perfect for a bunch of boys to run around and be crazy! The foam pit was the best, entered by jumping off of a swinging bar, a slide, or just a straight jump in!
 

This is Ben with some of his friends that came. They're a good bunch of boys.

Now we look forward to Ben's baptism which will be on December 24. It will be a great way to go into Christmas Day.

2 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

Yay Ben! I would have loved to have a birthday at a gym!!! Very impressed by the cake! Congrats on his baptism!

Donnie and VaNeal said...

I am impressed with the cake. Ben has a very creative Mother!!!