Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ben's 11th Birthday

Ben definitely had an all baseball birthday.  He got to have a baseball lesson for one of his presents, which he really enjoyed.  All they worked on was hitting, so sounds like it would be useful to go back to work on other skills.    We had a bit of a disaster with the birthday cake.  It was a nice round cake with a baseball in the middle of the green field.  Unfortunately, it was on the kitchen table and while I was gone, Hallie decided she wanted a bit of cake.  When I got home, Mara showed me the damage.....over 1/2 of the cake was gone.  We salvaged what we could (after putting Hallie outside and not feeding her dinner....like she really needed it after all that cake!), I went and bought a small cake and turned it into a baseball.  So.....I have no work of art to show for Ben's birthday this year.  But we have the memory of what happened....not one of our best! 
 


No comments: