Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ben and the School Board

In Ben's class at school, he had to research a topic and present it to his class.  He decided to do a presentation on pigeons, interesting to him since he had just brought 3 pigeons home to raise.  He put together a powerpoint presentation, which was informative and entertaining in Ben's own unique style.  He did such a good job on it, that his teacher had him show the principal, who then asked Ben if he would present it at the next School Board Meeting.   I am happy to report that he successfully presented his powerpoint and had the school board and audience laughing and very impressed with his project. 
 
Here Ben is setting up the computer and projector before the presentation.
 
 
Ben delivers his powerpoint with great composure and even a smile!
 

Ben enjoys shaking hands with the School Board members as they all praise him nonstop:)


 
I am very proud of Ben because most of what he has learned to do on the computer, he has learned himself.  He has watched Mara and I put together some powerpoints, and then has created his own, taking them to the next level with sounds, videos, and animations.  He has just come to earth with an electronic engineering brain.........he already knows 100% more than I do about hooking up and using computers, projectors, speakers, and DVD players.  I should have known this would be his area of expertise when as an one year old he was already controlling the DVD player!  He is a handy kid to have around!