Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saying goodbye to Lester, our piano

Because we got the Yamaha Baby Grand Piano from Grandma and Grandpa, it came time to say goodbye to our old piano, Lester.  We found him a good home, with lots of little kids to make music on.

It was really hard for everyone to say goodbye - this was the piano that Keyan and I bought soon after we got married.  It has been with us in 2 apartments of married student housing at the University of Utah, in our duplex on Hartford St., in our house in Biloxi, MS, and in our current house in Niceville, FL.  What a well loved and well played piano this has been!  Mara could just sit for hours and play it.  Ben could sit for minutes and play it.  Sam and Elyse both started to learn how to play the piano on it.  I have taught many piano students on it.  I have spent countless hours playing it.  Keyan even sat down a few times and played some hymns on it.  It has been a good piano to us....thus, the kids were sad to say goodbye, and so was Keyan :)  I had to be the strong one and say, let it go.


There it goes.......may Lester provide the Cook family with many years of happy sounds like it has for our family.

No comments: