Friday, August 26, 2011

Road trip Part 7: Colorado with Grandma and Grandpa

There is always an abundance of wildlife when we go visit Grandma and Grandpa in Colorado.  This trip we discovered a rabbit and the kids quickly adopted it....they were trying to figure out a way to get it home with us on the airplane.

 So, in all my years camping and backpacking, I have never seen a bear.  Well, all I had to do was go home to my parent's house and there one was!  It was kind of cool, yet kind of scarey at the same time.  Did I really want to go hiking around in these woods when I knew there was a bear around?
 While Keyan, Becky, and Mara were up backpacking, everyone else went up to Cripple Creek to have some fun. 

This is the kind of bear we are all comfortable with!


What is a fun adventure without ice cream?  It's amazing that Grandma and Grandpa know this little fact.


The train.....





We always have to take a trip up to the Air Force Academy so we can see Keyan's old stompin' grounds.  The kids were not overjoyed on this trip...except Ben who was asking a hundred questions about going to school there...he is wondering if he really has to go here to become a pilot!

No comments: