Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ben's soccer and 3rd grade field day

Ben was excited to play soccer this spring in a new soccer league in our area.  It was a little different playing on co-ed teams, but we all know that girl's are tough soccer players!  Ben was a great defender this season, and often seemed to be the one to come out of a clump of players with the ball!



Ben stops a shot as goalie.

Ahhhhhhh.....field day......the year end ritual for every child!

Ben showed great balance in the sack race!

The water balloon was cradled carefully.....no bursting happened!

Ben loves to  create "spirit" posters for his class.

Tug of war is always a favorite...this year Ben was ready with cleats and gloves!



Ben and his partner were sure and steady in the 3 legged race....later, Ben and I got to try our mother/son skill in the same race and I must say, we had a great rhythm and great speed!

Despite the screams of getting wet, the leaky pail is always a fun race!

I'm wet!

No comments: