We had an almost complete family reunion this last week down in Texas. Last time we had a family reunion, Keyan was in Iraq..........I was glad he was here with us this time. We started out in New Braunfels, staying on the Comal River. We had a day at Schlitterban, which was fun, but way too many people. Waiting 2 hours for a 1 minute ride is not my idea of a good use of time! The best time was just hanging out by the river.........
Elyse, Sam, Cari, and Grandma had fun filling water balloons all morning for a fun 5 minute balloon fight that evening!
We went out on a boat for the day which was loads of fun. Everyone tried their hand at waterskiing or kneeboarding. I hadn't waterskiied since Mara was about 1 years old, and that was only my 2nd time ever in my life! I was a little bit nervous to try so I just sat and watched everyone else try...
Mara was super excited to get out in the water. At first she just enjoyed being pulled behind the boat...
but then she tried with all her might to get up on her knees....
and she did it!
So, then it was my turn...and it was a quick up and out of the water for me!
I guess all those years of snow skiing paid off....
I figured everyone was getting bored of watching me, so I tried to cross the wake which I have no idea how to do.....
Ben was a real boatsman...he was out on the boat the entire day!
He also got out in the water on the knee board. I am amazed at Ben....for a boy who doesn't like swimming pools and refuses to go into one, he has no fear of rivers, lakes, oceans and will try anything in them.
Here are Mara and Sydney sitting on the edge of the dock....jumping off was the idea....Mara just stuck with the rope swing down a little bit lower! I can't blame her!
And here is my dad trying out waterskiing again after many years. He was a good sport...unfortunately he hurt his hamstring in the process and has been limping around since!
It was great to be together with family again. It's interesting how you can go years without seeing them, but you still feel a part of each other's lives. I guess that's what family is all about.... having a great group of people who will always love you and accept you no matter what you're like! We were able to go to the San Antonio Temple together and let the younger set do baptisms for the dead. It was Mara's first time in the temple, and it was an awesome experience being with her there. I hope she can continue to catch the vision of what this life is all about.
Cari just couldn't help but relax while waiting for the kids and me to go on a little train ride.
Kyle had just returned from his mission to the Phillippines. One night he made us a Filipino dessert called Halo Halo (Sp?).
We went into San Antonio and went to the River Walk for a boat ride.
I was super glad Sam found someone to hang out with. Kyle is definitely a great person for Sam to learn from!
No comments:
Post a Comment