I am going to be honest - after nights like last night and mornings this morning with my kids, I listened to the song "You're gonna miss this" and I thought to myself, "Am I really going to miss this?" Am I going to miss the 20 minute "discussion" with raised voices between my too smart for her own good daughter and myself (bet you didn't know I had that in me!) , am I going to miss my two year old plopping down on the floor in the store crying because I won't let her go get some candy? Am I going to miss her screaming for the next 20 minutes in the car and then at home because she's mad? I don't think so........ but I'm sure I will miss the cuddles and endless reading of books (Elyse), the little "thank you mom" that I know takes effort for my daughter to say (Mara) , the excitement of planting grass seeds at school (Sam), and the hundreds of inventions made out of cardboard boxes lying around the house (Ben). I just need to remember to BREATHE through the less than glorious times as a mom.
Keyan is gone for 2 weeks doing some trauma training in preparation for his deployment to Iraq in July. Got to say, knowing that this deployment is coming up, makes all these little "training" trips less enjoyable..........we know what is yet to come. Been there once, don't really want to do that again.............My hats off to all those wives that have to do this for 16 months at a time.
So, I'm gonna go for a jog..........that seems to help me breathe a little bit better!
2 comments:
Why don't you jog on up to Ohio once Keyan takes off. You can bring the kids. We'll show a good time. =) Miss you lots, you know. Been needing Becky.
You do miss it--even the awful stuff. Because when it all goes away that means they have too.
Post a Comment