Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving


We had a great time going back to Biloxi and visiting some great friends, the Flake's, the Wells, and the Dickens. We truly love those folks and have some great feelings towards Biloxi because of the many great people we met while we were there. As we drove around, we were amazed at the impact Katrina is still having on the area. But it's nice to see that people are resilient, and that life does continue regardless of what has happened in the past.

We had a fun playdate at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Museum. Here Elyse and I find our way down and out of a climbing sort of maze.




Elyse and Sadie are having their first "tea party."


Sam and Kelsey are having their first "date." (Not really, but they had a great time playing together).



It is fun to watch Mara and Sierra together. At first, they're a bit quiet around each other, but then they seem to remember that they are friends and they have a great time together. They were gung ho about creating their own blogs and had a great time designing them and finding music to put on their playlists! I taught them what little I know. I'm sure they'll exceed my expertise in no time!


Mara got to play a little solo on the flute for her first band concert this past week. She really likes to play and be part of a group. I think it's a different experience than she's had in the past with playing violin all by herself. I worry about the decisions she's going to have to make as she enters middle school next year. I'm just not sure it's going to work to do violin (which is not a choice right now!), band, and chorus. Oh, to be so talented and have so many choices before you. Thus begins the tough part of life where you have to choose between many good things!





No comments: