Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sam's 12th Birthday

Sam wanted to do a couple of things for his birthday.  First, climb the Incline in Manitou Springs, and then second, go to Dart Warz.  I underestimated how long it was going to take us to do both.  By the time the evening was done, the party had been about 11 hours long.  I was worn out.  And I vowed to never take a bunch of boys up into the mountains by myself again.  Half of the group forged on ahead and I had no idea where they were until about 2 hours later when we made it down to the bottom.  They could have gone off the trail somewhere or taken a wrong way down.  I was praying the whole way down that they were going to be there waiting for us.....otherwise.....I didn't quite know what I would do. 






Kudos to Sam for staying with his friend who had a VERY hard time climbing up.  He failed to mention that he used to have asthma. 






No comments: