Monday, October 20, 2014

Hanging out at the farm in Roosevelt

I put so many miles on the car this summer........and I did all the driving, too, which is an achievement for me because I hate driving long distances.  Ben wanted to go work out with Jason on his farm this summer, so I met Lora in Steamboat for the handoff.  Ben was calling me the 2nd day saying he was ready to come home.  And he'd call me the next day, and the next, and say the same thing.  I think he lasted about 3 weeks and then I took Sam and Elyse with me all the way out to Roosevelt to pick him up.  We barely recognized the boy when we drove up!
 
 
 
The cousins had fun sleeping on the trampoline together.



Ben showed us what he'd learned while on the farm.   He'll tell you nothing, but he did work a bit moving pipe and changing sprinklers. 

 
This is some of the wood from our trees in Black Forest that Jason brought back to Roosevelt.  He had a portable mill that he could cut the logs with.  I ended up taking a few pieces back with me.  Seeing all that wood got my creative juices flowing!


Sam was so excited to work with Uncle Jason. 



 
I ended up leaving Sam in Roosevelt and took Ben and Elyse home.  Sam had a great time and would have stayed there all summer if I would have let him, but we had a vacation waiting for us in Florida, so I made the trek to Steamboat again and met Lora there for the kid handoff.  Not only did she hand me Sam, but also a baby kitten which she said "was not going back with her."  Oh.....joy.

No comments: