The kids finally had a day off from school....and no band practice....so I decided it was time to take Asuka to the top of Pikes Peak. The other kids have already been there, although a few of them were too young to remember. Initially when I made this plan, the weather forecast looked good. After the reservations were made to ride up on the cog railway, though, the story began to change. Anyhow...we had tickets, so we were going no matter what!
I am glad Asuka is such a good sport.
We picked up a wild little beaver on the way......aka Elyse.
O.k., Ben, is that snow or dandruff?
Welcome to snowy Colorado! It was only 13 degrees on the summit (although I didn't think it was that cold).
Why doesn't Elyse have on a coat? Because Mara said she would give her some money if she could go 20 minutes without a coat on. After about 3 minutes, Mara felt sorry for her and made her put it on!
The monument acknowledging the writing of the words of "America the Beautiful" on Pikes Peak.
The kids didn't care, they just wanted to get back on the train!
No comments:
Post a Comment