Monday, February 11, 2013

Elyse's Birthday Skating Party

Elyse wanted to have a birthday party at Skate City, so we hurried and sent out invitations on the Monday before the only free Saturday we had in a long time.  We were expecting 4 friends to come, 2 were unable to come at the last minute, so we had a small party of 2 friends and 3 siblings.  Elyse still had a great time.  I had been talking to her before about maybe how she could tell everyone she invited not to bring a present (I'm not a fan of that) and just have fun together.  I told her she definitely didn't need all those presents her friends would bring.  So, after the party, Elyse said to me, "See, mom, you thought I would have so many presents if I invited all those people and I only got 2!"
 





Elyse and her friend Zara



Elyse is talking to Mara through the glass window trying to convince her to come skate.

She convinced her.....but Mara just couldn't keep her phone in her pocket!


Elyse, Sam, Zara, and Aden

Ben's stoic face as he pulls into the wall for a skating break.

No comments: