So, it has been fun getting everyone's costumes ready this year. At the kid's school, they have a book character parade, so their costume has to be from a book. Ben chose to be a peacekeeper from The Hunger Games. There are definitely no peacekeeper costumes in the stores, so after finding the picture of the peacekeepers from the movie, I set to work. I think it turned out pretty good (although Ben's kind brother and sister were calling him a marshmallow.)

Elyse just wanted to be Merida from Brave, so after looking at the cheap costumes in the store, I decided I could make a more authentic looking costume for cheaper. And I am happy to report, that I did! The wig cost more than the dress materials.....but really the hair is what makes the costume. I realize that Brave was an original movie, but I'm sure there is a book out there about it now!
And I decided to be Elphaba from Wicked. Pretty good, huh?
Grandma had an issue with her nose.
Grandpa had an accident on the ski slope.
Our trunk won an award for the most lights.
Elyse won an award for her costume.
So, that was trick or trunk.......school parties and trick or treating still to come! Hopefully Mara will be able to participate in some of those activities, although I think she's too old to go trick or treating. She doesn't agree!
No comments:
Post a Comment