Sunday, October 21, 2012

Marching Band Dedication

So, we have come up with a theory as to why marching bands are not that popular in Colorado.   Because no one wants to go out in the freezing weather for hours and get their lips frozen to their instrument!:)  Seriously, though, everytime Mara has a performance, whether it is a competition or a football game, a cold front moves in and it is freezing cold!  I do not know how these kiddos do it.  I had to go stock Mara up on thermal underwear, gloves, hand warmers, scarves, etc. just so she wouldn't freeze to death.  And back to our theory....that is why the band at Niceville High School in Florida has 200 + marching in it.......because it's like playing on the beach every day.  No sacrifice involved, except time.  I owe Mara a year's supply of hot chocolate for all the freezing days/nights she's had to go through.........and it's not over yet!
 




Maybe they do it because they make such good friends while in band.  Maybe that helps everyone forget the cold. 
 

No comments: