Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Elyse's 5th birthday Bike-a-thon

Coming up with ideas for a birthday party is always a task........this year we decided on a biking party...and we decided that when we were experiencing 70 degree weather.  Unfortunately, on the day of the party it was about 48 degrees - it was chilly.  But the girls all had fun and we just went in and out to keep them warmed up.  We went to the church parking lot and created a bicycle track with various obstacles in the way.  It was a fun idea and could be really fun in the summer with some water features added!


I was all set to make Elyse a birthday cake with a bike on top, until we went to Walmart and she saw this cake that was just so pretty that she wanted to have it.  I actually didn't put up too much of a fuss because this was a pretty busy week for me...but I am still a bit sad that I didn't make a cute cake for her.  I guess I won't visit Walmart so close to her birthday next year!


Mara saw this picture and said "they're all blonde."  And actually, they all are.  Elyse and her two closest friends have the exact same hair color.  Interesting.........

We hope to give Elyse's singing career a boost with a new karaoke machine.


Do you like the earrings?  Elyse's ears are NOT pierced, these are just clip-ons.  After she wore them all day we took them off and she complained of a lot of pain in her ears.  She probably made her ears go numb with the clip-ons, we should have just pierced her ears for real right then and there!

So, my baby is 5.........crazy.

No comments: