Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trunk or Treat

The much anticipated trunk or treat at church has come and gone.....the kids had a great time and got enough candy for this Halloween and about 10 future ones!  Costumes were easy this year.....Ben wanted to be Harry Potter again.  This year, we remembered the scar on the forehead, though!  The funnest part was spraying his hair black.

I helped Sam come up with this one.....a recycling man.  I mean, that's what he wants to be when he grows up, so naturally it would be a good costume.  Plus, I thought it was much better than what he wanted to be - a robber. 

Elyse was easy.  Since she changes her mind everyday, I just told her I wasn't buying her a costume but she could come up with something from our house.  So, this is the outfit that won out tonight.  Halloween might be different...stay tuned.

Mara wanted to be a Japanese lady to go along with her intense desire to be all things Japanese!  We luckily found the kimono at Goodwill....the hair was hers, except for the black color.  I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to permanently change her hair color to black!  These are her friends, Vanessa, Rachel (cousin), and Lyndon.



There's more to Sam's costume.....I decided to give him green hair, since he was "going green" with recycling.  He wanted the blood...maybe he got hit by broken glass while picking up someone's recycling!

Ben and Sam manning the trunk while I go look around at the competititon!

This was my great costume......actually, you can't see anything, but I was a pseudo Little Red Riding Hood.....I did have a red cape and hood on at one time during the night!

No comments: