Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ben's 9th birthday

Happy Birthday, Ben!  When I ask the kids what they want their birthday cake to look like, the answer always has something to do with what they're interested in at the time.  As you can see, Ben is interested in buses....specifically school buses.  When he grows up, he wants to be a bus driver.  I think maybe he'll really end up being a bus engineer, designing buses with lots of cool electrical gadgets and safety features.  That's just how his mind works.

 As I was putting this cake together into the wee hours of the morning, I decided that making these cakes was my present to my kids.  It is definitely a labor of love....but I am always pleased with how they turn out since I have had no cake decorating classes at all.  I guess I learned a few things from watching my mom (thanks, mom!) make lots of interesting cakes while I was growing up. 
 Magician Ben is trying to fool the audience (shirtless Sam - that boy never wears any clothes!).
 Can you see the delight on Ben's face when he opend up his Bus Driver Computer Game? 

I love Ben.  He is such a funny kid.....so creative......so helpful.......so funny.  I look forward to many more birthdays with him.

No comments: