Monday, March 8, 2010

The picture says it all!
Sam had quite a few celebrations for his birthday. Since Keyan and I were on our way home from Steamboat on that day, Sam had a little celebration before everyone went to school and then another one when everyone got home from school.


When Keyan and I got home that night, we had another celebration. It looks like Ben is more excited about Sam's present than Sam is!

On Saturday, we had a birthday party for Sam at our house. He wanted a robot cake, so here is my copy of someone else's great idea.


Sam wanted to invite friends from his class, and since you can't just invite some of them and not the others, we sent invitations home with everyone in his class. Of course, Sam told me, "Mom, not all of them will come. Only about 10 or so. " O.k. Sam. We had about 18 kids show up! It was crazy, but we had them all outside on the trampoline and zipline, and a few inside playing the Wii. I guess it was manageable, but a lot of kids! I always hate having people bring presents since the birthday child ends up not liking the present or the present just sits there. The last thing we need is more "stuff" in our house. So, we did a book exchange instead, where everyone brought a wrapped book, and then they left with a different one. I think it turned out great.


Happy birthday, Sam!







No comments: