Friday, February 12, 2010

Passback soccer donations


I forgot to show how my drive for used soccer equipment turned out. This is the picture of the final donations. It was a good experience and I'm glad I did it. I was a bit disappointed at the support from the families at the schools. It seemed like there were only a few families from each school that really donated a lot of uniforms and other stuff. They caught the vision. I talked to others, though, that said they just couldn't part with "Timmy's" little soccer uniform, they were just too sentimental. That's fine......I guess I'm just not really like that. If something's not being used, by all means, let's give it to someone who can use it. Anyhow........a lady involved with a competitive soccer league here got in touch with me and gave me a bunch of shoes that their league had collected previously. She didn't know what to do with them, though, so I was able to help out. I ended up sending half of the equipment to Operation Give based out of Salt Lake that sends it to the troops over in Iraq and Afghanistan. The other half I sent to the Passback soccer headquarters and they distribute it either in the U.S. or abroad. Anyhow, it was a good experience. I had to kind of be a salesman and talk to people, which is something I wouldn't choose to do on my own.


No comments: