Mara played at a National Federation of Music Club's Festival this past weekend. I recorded her practicing during the week so that she could listen to herself and make any improvements she wanted. I don't think she ever listened to it, but nonetheless, I have a recording of her. There are mistakes and lapses in memory, which was actually a good thing to happen so that she knows there are no guarantees that she'll "get it right" on the festival day. I try to tell her she needs to know the song so well that there is absolutely no way she can play it wrong instead of hoping that that day will the day she plays it right. I don't think she likes me offering her advice. It's very hard not too, though, when I have been through lots of things like this and can offer her my vast experience! Ha - sounds just like any parent, right? Guess she has to go through it herself. Anyhow, there is no picture on the video, I didn't want to embarass her too much! She did a great job on Festival day and received a Superior rating for her two songs. The one here is called "Concertino" by Kuchler.
1 comment:
Very good, Mara! Right there with you with the advice giving/ignoring! I'm sure I'm just getting back what I gave...
Post a Comment