To the right, we are in front of the market in Nassau, Bahamas. It was a bit like being back in Jamaica for Keyan. It would have been nice to have gone "exploring" the island a bit, but with 4 kids in tow, that's never an easy outing. The kids really just wanted to go back to the boat and go swimming. So, we did.
Here Mara is donning the life jacket during "mustering" on the first day.
Mara, Ben, Elyse, and I set out the second day to visit Castaway Cay, Disney's "private" island. Unfortunately, it was raining and cold the entire day, so you can see that not many people ventured out. It really would have been a great place to play had the weather cooperated. Nice calm, shallow water for the younger set. Snorkeling and swimming for the older set. We did get our feet wet, though so we can say we were there. Keyan and Sam did not join us, unfortunately, because Sam was in the room throwing up. Not from motion sickness, just something else. So, Sam spent the day in the room watching Disney movies (nice for him), and the rest of us came and went.
Here is Jack Sparrow's ship - no sign of Jack Sparrow, though. Too bad!(?)

Here is Jack Sparrow's ship - no sign of Jack Sparrow, though. Too bad!(?)
So we had a fun time, all in all. The food was good, a little different than anything I would ever eat. After awhile I felt bad having someone serve us and wait on us. Our server was from Indonesia and had a little girl about Elyse's age. He was really trying to connect with her because he missed his own little girl. I just felt bad. These guys work so hard, sacrifice so much by being away from their families, just so they can provide a little bit better life for their families back home. I just don't like appearing that we are "better" than them in anyway. I'm sure they think we are all incredibly wealthy and spoiled. I don't want to be perceived that way.
Anyhow, next cruise, if there is one, will be during the warmer months. Then, we'll only have to worry about encountering a hurricane while at sea!
1 comment:
Congrats on Ben's baptism and a successful family trip! Sounds like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment