Saturday, August 8, 2009

Keyan's roadtrip

While I was at Choral Academy, Keyan was brave enough to take the kids on a road trip to Eastern Utah to see his side of the family. Since I wasn't there, I'll just let the kids tell me about each of these pictures.

They made a pitstop in Steamboat Springs, CO and got to ride the gondola up the mountain. Here they are at the top, getting ready to go hike around.
Keyan and Sam on the trail, followed closely behind by Elyse. Keyan is absolutely in heaven up here. If he could find a job in Steamboat Springs, he would be there in an instant!
Keyan stopped by the Denver Temple on the way to show the kids where our little family began 13 years ago!
The kids are nowhere in this picture - they say they were inbetween the Utah and Colorado state signs, I guess in a sort of no man's land!

Here are our kids with Jason's kids.
Visiting Great Grandma McConkie..........
Mara, Ben, and Sam visiting a horse that's in the family (owned by Tiffany and Meaghar ?).
Sam and Mara going out for a ride (the ride before Mara and Elyse fall off this very horse! Mara thinks she broke her tailbone. I'm sure many a cowboy/cowgirl has felt the same way!).
Elyse finally found someone smaller than herself to look after! Olivia looks thrilled!
Sam and Shane are definitely out of the same mold - I smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
Ben loved driving the ATV around. Good thing he didn't need a license to do it!
Mara with Ashley (the cat), Raysha, and Audree.
Keyan really enjoyed road tripping with the kids (and I really enjoyed not being there when they all started fighting in the car!). It was great for them to get to hang out with their cousins who live a life that my kids have absolutely no idea about - I'm glad they have an idea now people really have to work hard at whatever they choose to do, be it farmer, rancher, doctor, mother.........

No comments: