Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school

Well, the first day of school has arrived. Mara, Ben, and Sam are safely tucked away inside their schools now and I am finally taking a deep breath as I savor the thought. The words from a song "and mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again......." are ringing true to me. I guess if I provided a lot more structure and activities every hour on the hour for my kids then I might feel differently. But I don't, and it's time for them to use those great brains again on something other than Wizard101.com!

Elyse thought she was getting to go on "her" school bus, and so she's had a little sadness today, but we'll go play at the park so that she quickly forgets!

Ben didn't even need me to walk him to his class - he's a pro at this. He knew right where to go.
Sam had a rough morning, to the point of me having to threaten him to miss school today and go tomorrow instead. I could have followed through (the behavior experts always say not to say you'll do something that you can't follow through on) , but fortunately I didn't have to. I guess I could blame his behavior on first day jitters, except that he acts this way every other day of the year. If he acts at school the way he does at home, he'll be kicked out of that school. But from his preschool experience last year, I know he'll be quiet, he'll follow the rules, he'll be a good student. I just wish he would do the same at home so that I wouldn't worry about him so much...........
Mara is overjoyed at getting up early for middle school........

She'll do great, though. She has some good friends to help her along the way.

Happy first day of school!

1 comment:

jksfam said...

Yeah for school! Funny picture of Mara!