Tuesday, July 14, 2009

mystery ingredient

Well, here's a funny story from a day in my life...............I was making potato salad for dinner, and I was making it especially for Mara because she's the one that likes it. I had my stuff out on various counters, and Elyse was hanging around and staying busy watching what I was doing. I noticed a few messes on the counter that she had made, but didn't think much of it. So, we sit down to eat at dinner, and the potato salad is sooooooooooo salty. I couldn't imagine why. I had only put in a teaspoon of salt and didn't think it should taste that salty. So, I felt bad, because this was the only thing Mara would eat, and here it was not really edible. As I'm looking in the potato salad bowl, I discover one of those little clear plastic lids from the spice bottles. And then I remember a big pile of salt on the counter next to where Elyse and the potato salad bowl had been. Aha - the picture is becoming more clear! As we ask Elyse, "did you put this in there?" she gets one of those sheepish looks that confirms it. I had a little extra help making the potato salad today.....and Elyse was not following the recipe! Needless to say, the potato salad made it's way into the garbage..........

No comments: