Thursday, October 16, 2008

Music added

I have been looking at a few blogspots of friends and realizing that lots of people have a spot. Maybe now I'll be "with it."

Keyan is returning tomorrow after a week in San Francisco at the American College of Surgeons' conference. He has had a great time just soaking in all the knowledge that there. It's a good thing the family didn't go with him, or he would have missed out on all of that. He was able to see his dad and brother Lyrad, so that was a nice bonus for him.

I have been holding down the fort. I really wish I knew how to get my kids to bed before 9:00 p.m. It just never seems to happen! Tonight I was invited to show the Primary presidencies in our Stake how to teach the new song for the Primary theme next year. What was a 10 minute presentation had hours of preparation behind it! My great ideas sometimes turn into a lot more work than I realize. And I'm not even in Primary anymore! Oh well, I had fun and each musical experience I have just reaffirms to me how much I love music and love being involved in it.

Our season passes to DisneyWorld expire at the end of October, so we are going to take a quick 3 day trip down there on Monday. The kids have school off on Monday, so they'll only miss 2 days of school. Except for Ben, who is having his adenoids taken out on Thursday. Hopefully the trip to DisneyWorld will keep his mind off of the surgery. He is so stubborn - the doctors will have to strap him down on the table if he decides he's not having this surgery!

The weather here in Florida is just gorgeous right now. We love taking bike rides and walks around the neighborhood. It's nice to not have to worry about snow on Halloween!

3 comments:

jksfam said...

Welcome to blogville. I need to post again sometime soon! It will be nice to see what you guys are up to. Let us know whenever you're this way again.

Andy, Lori and the Gang said...

Okay, how did you get the music on? I need to do that so people know why we are beatin' our feet on the Mississippi mud! I'm glad we have another way to keep in touch!

Lexirella said...

was there supposeded to be music?