Thursday, January 7, 2016

Christmas

I was the proud "grandmother" on Christmas morning.  Elyse had been pregnant for a few days and finally had her baby on Christmas Eve (Everyone else gets really annoyed when Elyse walks around with a soccer ball under her shirt.....Keyan and I know it's part of learning.....Elyse will be a great mother some day!)





Ben made me a sign like one I had before the fire.  



Ben carved a flute for Mara out of wood.  Impressive.


The traditional making of the gnocchis.

Bundled up to go outside and take care of the chickens and rabbits.

Christmas was good.....but it had some rough parts to it.  Seems as our kids all get older, they get a bit more emotional and get their feelings hurt in some way related to gifts.  Gratitude is a hard thing to learn when we are blessed with so much.

No comments: