Having season passes at Loveland this year enabled us to have 3 free days of skiing down at Durango Mountain Resort (formerly known as Purgatory). We decided to go down there for a few days during Spring Break and take advantage of the deal. We stayed in a condo which was right on the bunny slope....there is nothing better than being able to ski right out of your front door down to the chairlift. It is so easy. It was a very nice setup....we could leave Mara at the condo (which we did often - she just isn't a huge fan of skiing), and Ben, Sam, and Elyse could ride the lift and ski the bunny hill all by themselves while Keyan and I went and did a different run. The weather was nice....no cold toes or fingers for anyone!
 |
| This was the condo. |
 |
| Ben, Keyan, and Mara getting on their skiis. |
 |
| Wave at the camera, guys! |
 |
| Sam is our "wedge" skiier.....he will go straight down a run in the wedge, no turning for him! |
 |
| Beautiful views! |
This is Ben coming out of the trees....I love his response!
 |
| We loved the 6 person lift....our whole family could fit on it! |
 |
| Ben, Keyan, Becky, and Sam...we skiied a lot together while Elyse and Mara hung out in the condo or the pool. |
 |
| Elyse is so fun to watch ski....she is so low to the ground and does a great job turning on the hill. She will go down about anything. We ran into some little moguls on one run and I told her to just ski in between them because her skiis were so short....she did and then kept asking us to find more moguls for her to ski.....a skiier after my own heart! |
 |
| Ben was very interested in how the ski lifts worked....imagine that! |
 |
| I wasn't expecting to go swimming....especially in an outdoor pool...especially surrounded by snow! The pool was heated, and was surprisingly warm....I could stand it for a few minutes! |
 |
| Sam could have stayed at the pool all day....it was a tough choice for him of whether to ski or go to the pool. |
 |
| Mara sighed and said "this is the first pool I've been in since Florida." |
 |
| Elyse loved the slide! |
 |
| The hot tub was definitely the place to be. |
 |
| The drive home was very pretty, we went through Ouray and several other small mountain towns. We were on one of those roads through the mountains where it's mountain wall on one side and cliff on the other. I am glad Keyan was driving! This is a nice panoramic with Ben....wait, why are there two Ben's? |
 |
| Beautiful.....yes, I'm talking about the mountains! |
 |
| Mara....says she doesn't think the mountains are pretty, but she'll get her picture taken by them anyways! |
No comments:
Post a Comment