Thursday, January 24, 2013
Sad Day
Today was sad day for Elyse. She discovered that her bunny was missing from the bunny hutch after school. There had been a problem with one of the back doors closing tight because all the bunny poop and pee was freezing in that crack. So, after trying to get it clean, the door wouldn't shut back tight. We had a really warm couple of days, and so I think that caused the frozen moisture in the door to thaw, thus making the back door come loose. I guess her bunny pushed against the door and probably fell out. Anyhow, we set out on the ATV to go look for her, only to discover her lying on the ground dead. We don't know what really happened, but Hallie was outside at the time and I imagine her instincts kicked in when she saw a rabbit hopping around. I don't know what else would have gotten her. So, it was a sad day.......Elyse was such a good "mommy" to that rabbit, named Selena. And Selena was so patient and calm with Elyse, letting her carry her around like a little baby. She was a great first rabbit to have. Elyse is ready to get a new bunny, so I guess the search will begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment