We took advantage of the beautiful weather and the holiday weekend to go up to Breckenridge for some hiking and outdoor adventure. The leaves on the aspens were just starting to turn gold....they are beautiful.
| This was the best we could do with Sam....he was in one of those rare moods! |
Elyse, Sam, and I took our turn on the trampolines at the same time. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch my brave children being propelled high up into the sky....I was having too much fun doing it myself!
It's a little bit disturbing to see your children up so high in the sky....totally out of your control.
We loved the alpine slide....both varieites. One was the traditional alpine slide on a cement track, the other was on a metal track like a roller coaster, the only difference was that you controlled the speed of your car. Totally fun!
We hope that our kids are now comfortable with riding the chair lift because they will soon be doing it again, only this time it will be with skiis on!
I still had to keep a protective arm around Elyse for my own peace of mind....as you can tell, she was pretty comfortable with the ride!
We had a good hike up to Lily Pond Lake. There were a few lily ponds....all those dead trees are from the pine beetle which has just taken over the forests. It's a sad sight, but is part of that cycle of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment