We are enjoying the great outdoors here in Colorado. I'm not sure when we'll have the realization that this isn't vacation but our permanent living arrangement! Bubba was not doing very well the first week we got here. He wasn't eating and was just laying around all the time like he was in pain. Keyan thinks he got sick when we took him to get his nails clipped and his hair washed before we left Florida. Maybe so..........we were excited when he started to get more peppy and was ready to go for a walk. I think he'll be o.k.
I took the kids (minus Mara who is up at Girl's Camp AGAIN) up hiking on a trail at the Academy. The boys were great hikers.
Elyse had her moments.....an especially long 30 minute moment when she was crying because she was itchy and just couldn't walk anymore. When I finally realized she wasn't going to snap out of it, I piggybacked her up the trail for awhile (good high altitude workout!), gave her some food, and then she was fine the rest of the way. Relating this account to Keyan, he kindly reminded me that Ben had been the same way hiking about 4 years ago....and now look at him! I guess we all have stages to go through.....I just wish some of them weren't so painful.
Ben has his eye on Grandpa's truck..... and his '57 Chevy....and his tractor........
Grandpa has had lots of projects for the kids to work on since we've been here. They are much more willing to do work for Grandpa than for me. Strange how that works!
We made a trip out to the county fair which the kids really enjoyed.
Here the kids were looking at all of the rabbits, trying to decide which kind they want to get if we get a house with some land around it. The rabbits are cute....
but so are the goats....and the pigs....and the calves.....and the chickens....and the pigeons.....
No comments:
Post a Comment