Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

Elyse was an angel in the retelling of the Christmas Story at the Pearce's house on Christmas Eve. 
You can't see it very well, but Sam fell and hit his head on the Pearce's china cabinet on Christmas Eve.  There was a whole bunch of blood, and luckily Uncle Dr. Lyrad was there to survey the scene while Daddy Dr. Keyan was on the phone with the hospital talking about another patient...I think his son takes priority, don't you?
Mara made Ben a t-shirt with this clever saying....an optimistic motto for a future wanna-be pilot!


Mara has been begging for a bassoon for the last couple of years....for some reason she LOVES the sound.  Well, just like you might sign your kids up for a season of baseball, we decided to sign her up for a season of bassoon playing.   The bassoon is not ours, it will be returned in a couple of months....but after 3 days of playing, Mara is serenading us with many familiar tunes like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."



Keyan made a tetherball pole for Sam this year....he was so happy.  "Thank you so much Daddy for making this" was heard often throughout the day.

"Thank you so much, Mommy and Daddy, I always wanted this" was heard from Elyse.  I love Christmas when there is gratitude expressed freely!

Sam made Elyse a bed for her doll out of recylable materials....way to go, Sam!

The traditional "making of the gnocchis."


Ben made Sam a pillowcase with Cami's picture on it....now he can snuggle with her all night, even when she's not there!





Mara's gift to Ben was wrapped with amusing writings....enlarge the picture if you can to have some fun reading.
Christmas was good this year.  We tried to do a "make a present or make a memory together" kind of gift exchange.  I think it turned out well, but was a lot of work for mom who in all actuality had to help make every single thing!  Not sure if it was worth it....we'll have to see as the year wears on to see how these gifts are appreciated!

1 comment:

jksfam said...

Elyse has such a great smile! :) I loved playing the bassoon! I only played for 2 concert band seasons and now I really wish I could have played it longer. I love the sound it makes - low and rumbly! It has the same fingering as the flute so it makes that transition easier! Are the names on Ben's present his girlfriends? :) I hope I can see you when you come here, even if it's only briefly!