Happy 11th birthday, Mara! She had a few friends over to swim. I like this kind of party because they pretty much entertain themselves - no party games required! Sam was a bit sad that he didn't get to swim with the girls, especially the blonde one! He likes to look at her picture and give it a nice little smooch! Ohhhhh.........puppy love!
We did make snowcones, not quite as good as the ones we got in Hawaii, but they were cold and sweet and good.
One of her friends gave her a t-shirt with "Abercrombie" on it. She obviously really likes that shirt because she wore it 2 days in a row. I asked her if she even knew what "Abercrombie" was, and she said she did - the kids at school talk about how expensive it is and her friend buys all her clothes there. Well, I told Mara to take care of that shirt because it was probably the only one she would ever get (I won't be shopping there!).
Thus, the middle school world of name brands and being popular has begun..............
I think Mara has a good head on her shoulders, though. We may have a few "discussions" about it, but I think (I hope, I pray) she'll make good choices in the end. We'll see.............
3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARA!!!
ELEVEN YEARS OLD?! Wow. I can't believe how everyone is growing up. Mara is beautiful and so accomplished (awesome violin solo). We can't wait to have a little girl of our own (you did get the news that our next baby is a girl, right? I only have Keyan's email address so I hope he passed the news along). You will have to send me your email address when you get a minute.
julieriley7@gmail.com
Glad things are going so well for you in Florida! When will we get to see your family? Will you be in Utah for Christmas?
This is Mara. I wore the shirt because it is comfortable!
Post a Comment