Thursday, May 7, 2009

Field Day

This week the kids had field day at school. Mara's class had on the war paint and were ready to do business! Most of the events were class events, which is good, but a lot different from field day when I was growing up. I remember competing in the 100 yd. dash and several other individual events. I guess our field day was more "Olympic" style rather than just getting out and having fun. It was super warm today for Mara's field day, and after a full day outside and then softball tonight, she didn't feel so hot. She is sleeping in my bed, falling asleep there after collapsing when she got home.


This was the best event for such a hot day!

Ben is off and running with the balloon. No mishaps here, the balloon was safely passed off to the next in line.


I just love Ben's smile. When he's happy, it's easy to tell.


Ben's size got him the 2nd to last position in the tug-of-war. I tried to coach him on using his legs to really dig in, but I guess that comes with experience. He is really pulling hard here!



All in all, it was a fun week. I can't believe the school year is almost over. I distinctly remember after Christmas counting how many more months of school we had to go through, and now suddenly, they've all flown by! Such is life...........



1 comment:

jksfam said...

I loved field day. My friend and I always won the 3-legged race!!!

I'm so excited to live closer to you soon! We'll have to get together!! Many times!