Friday, January 30, 2009

Facing the giants

I have a movie recommendation for everyone - "Facing the Giants." Someone from church recommended it to us so we got it from NetFlix. It is a great movie. At first I thought it was a little weird because it is a religious movie (nonLDS) and the characters actually talk about religion in their lives - I'm just not used to seeing that on the "big screen." . But as the movie went on, I really found myself thinking about a lot of things. I have always been one to be pretty private about my religious beliefs. I guess I just feel it is a really personal thing for me. But seeing others (granted their fictitious) talk openly about how the Lord is a part of their lives made me think I really need to just open my mouth more. I need to especially talk about the Savior and Heavenly Father and what an integral part they are in my life while my kids are around and listening. In all the simple moments. I need to make sure they are aware that they are a part of our lives 24 hours a day, not just on Sunday. I have been so impressed with people of other religions who talk openly about God in our casual conversations. If I am ever going to be a missionary to those around me\, I need to do the same - and not feel like I am bothering them when I do it. Anyhow, it's a great movie........ and it does have football in it, so everyone should enjoy it - it's an underdog kind of movie!

1 comment:

Dan and Katie said...

Hey so we know someone you know :) The Eldredges! They are in our ward! Jacquie started talking about Biloxi during hurricane Katrina..and I put 2 and 2 together :)